Mega Millions is a multi-jurisdiction lottery game available in the United States of America (USA). The game began in 1996 as The Big Game which was then renamed as The Big Game Mega Millions for a brief period and was finally named as just Mega Millions by the end of 2002. The game was first offered in 6 states of the US and now it is offered in 45 states, the District of Columbia and the US Virgin Islands. The players buy the lottery tickets from their nearest vendors. The drawings are made on every Tuesday and Friday including holidays. The latest drawing was made on November 2022. Now, the next drawing will be made on November 2022 (Friday). The Mega Millions is telecasted on WSB-TV and it is hosted by actor John Crow and actress Carol Blackmon. The show is supervised by Georgia Lottery, Atlanta. Find out more about the Mega Millions game, the winning lotteries and the payout methods in the post below.
Mega Millions Result 2022
The Mega Millions latest drawing was made on November 2022 at 11:00 pm ET. There are 2 sets of balls- White and Gold. Five balls are picked from the white balls numbered from 1 to 71 and 1 ball is picked from the gold balls numbered from 1 to 25. You win the lottery if the numbers on your lottery ticket match the numbers drawn on the mentioned dates. The players also get to choose a Megaplier option which allows them to multiply their winnings by 2, 3, 4 or 5. If the players choose the correct option then their winnings are multiplied by the chosen number. The winners can choose to either claim their prize in cash or in annual instalments. In the instalment option, the prize money increases by 5% until all of the amount is paid. The overall chances of winning the jackpot in Mega Millions is 1 in 302,575,350. If the prize money is not claimed in the given time period then the money is redistributed among the contributing states and for the next jackpot.
Mega Millions Next Drawing 2022
The Mega Millions drawings are made on every Tuesday and Friday which are telecasted on WSB-TV. The winning numbers are announced and the players who have won the lottery will be able to claim their prize. The next drawing is going to be held on November 2022 at 11:00 pm ET.
|Established in||1996, Renamed in 2002|
|Offered in||45 US States, District of Columbia and the US Virgin Islands|
|Supervised By||Georgia Lottery|
|Hosts||John Crow and Carol Blackmon|
|Largest Payout||$1.537 Billion|
|Recent Drawing||November 2022|
|Next Drawing||November 2022|
Mega Millions Jackpot Numbers
The players will only receive the jackpot if they buy a ticket with all of the numbers along with a gold ball number. The estimated jackpot for November 2022 was $45 Million. If the players get the Megaplier option right too, then they receive a bonus on their prize. The winnings for November 2022 are as follows.
|Matching Balls||Prize||Megaplier Prize|
|All 5 Balls + Gold Ball||Jackpot||—|
|All 5 Balls||$1 Million||$3 Million|
|4 Balls + Gold Ball||$10,000||$30,000|
|3 Balls + Gold Ball||$200||$600|
|2 Balls + Gold Ball||$10||$30|
|1 Ball + Gold Ball||$4||$12|
Mega Millions Lottery Result Today
- The lottery result is declared on every Tuesday and Friday on 11 pm ET.
- The lottery result is determined by the white balls and gold balls. The players have to match the 5 white ball numbers and the 1 gold ball number.
- The players will have to match all the 5 numbers and the gold number in order to win the jackpot.
- There are nine ways by which the players can win a prize in the Mega Millions Lottery game.
- The players will have the option to choose from cash or annual instalments to claim their prize money.
- The highest prize will be the jackpot which is determined by the members of the Mega Millions game.
- The lowest prize is $2 which can be won if one of the numbers on your lottery ticket matches one of the white balls drawn on the same date mentioned on your ticket.
Mega Millions Drawing Time
- The Mega Millions Lottery is drawn on 11 pm ET which is broadcasted on WBS-TV from Atlanta, Georgia.
- The drawings are made on every Tuesday and Friday irrespective of any kind of holiday.
- The most recent Mega Millions drawing was made on November 2022 with the jackpot prize of $45 Million.
- Until now the jackpot has not been claimed by anyone.
- In most states, it is mandatory for the winners to claim the prize money in 60 days from the date of the drawing.
- If you fail to do so then you lose the prize money and it will be redistributed to the participating members for the next jackpot.
Mega Millions Next Drawing
The next drawing for the Mega Millions Game is scheduled for November 2022 for 11:00 pm ET on WBS-TV. All the players will be able to watch the telecast of Mega Millions on their TV set. After the drawing of the numbers is complete, the winners can contact the Mega Millions Office to claim their prize money by showing the winning ticket to the concerned staff. All the players are required to claim their prize within 60 days of the drawing of the lottery game. The winning numbers will also be available on the official website of Mega Millions so that the players can match the numbers of their tickets in case they miss the Mega Millions Broadcast.
|25 October 2022||21, 30, 35, 45, 66 and the Gold Ball number was 21 with a Megaplier 3x|
|November 2022||To Be Announced|
Mega Millions Winning Numbers
- The Mega Millions winning numbers are announced in the TV telecast of the Mega Millions show and on the official website of Mega Millions.
- The prize money for the Jackpot and the other eight options of winning the game are also available on the official website.
- The players should have at least one of the winning numbers on their lottery ticket in order to win a prize.
- There are nine ways by which the players can win the prize money. The players can check the numbers on their ticket on the official website.
- They can also claim their prize, if won, through the official website.
- The players will also need to submit proof that they are older than the minimum age for purchasing the ticket set by their respective state.
How to Claim Payout
- The winners can claim their prize money in two ways- Cash Payout or Annual Instalments.
- Cash Payout- The players can choose to claim their prize money as a cash payout. They will receive the whole prize money in their accounts. Most of the states exempt the prize money from income taxes but in New York, you will have to pay three levels of income tax on the prize money.
- Annual Instalments- The Players can choose to receive their prize money in annual instalments till the whole sum is paid. The instalments will be paid with a 5% interest rate meaning that your prize money will increase if you choose this option.
- All the winners should bear in mind that they need to claim their prize within the time limit set by their respective state. In most states this time limit is 60 days after which the prize money is redistributed among the participating members.
Note- The minimum age to purchase the lottery tickets is 18 years in most of the states but 21 years in some states. In some states minors can claim the prize money if they have received the tickets as a gift.
FAQs Related to Mega Millions Lottery Game
The next drawing for the Mega Millions game is scheduled for November 2022 for 11:00 pm ET on WBS-TV.
The largest prize ever claimed on Mega Millions was a sum of $1.537 Billion claimed by an anonymous player.
The overall chances of winning the Mega Millions Jackpot is 1 in 302,575,350.