The Madhya Pradesh RTO plays an important role in maintaining the database which has all the information regarding the drivers and the vehicles of the MP State. The RTO is in charge of conducting pollution tests of the vehicles, along with that it is also in control of checking the MP Vehicle Insurance as well. In Addition to this, it also issues the registration certificates, driver’s license’s and collection of the road tax in the Madhya Pradesh State. The Registration Certificate and Smart Driving License Cards which can be applied on the official website i.e. transport.mp.gov.in.
In this article we have provided you with all the information regarding the MP RTO Vehicle Registration , Insurance, the codes of the RTO and their Offices. If you are someone who is planning to buy a new vehicle in the Madhya Pradesh State then this article is a must read for you.
- MP RTO Online Vehicle Registration
- Madhya Pradesh RTO Vehicle Registration: Types
- Documents Required To Get Your Madhya Pradesh RTO Vehicle Information
- Vehicle Insurance in MP RTO
- List of RTO Offices Along With the RTO Code in the MP State
- Process to Register any Motor Vehicle in Madhya Pradesh State
- Official Links For transport.mp.gov.in Madhya Pradesh RTO Vehicle Registration
- FAQ’s On MP State RTO Vehicle Registration
MP RTO Online Vehicle Registration
The Transport Department of MP works under the provisions of the section 213 of Motor Vehicles Act,1988 and Madhya Pradesh Motor Vehicles Act ,1924. The rules and regulations made under these two acts are Followed in each and every city of the Madhya Pradesh State. To make the system work in an efficient manner in the MP State, the Regional Transport Offices, Transport Check- Post along with the District Transport Offices are established throughout the Madhya Pradesh State. Around 15 lakhs vehicles are registered in MP State with an annual revenue generation of Rs 290 crore. Read the complete article to know more regarding the Madhya Pradesh RTO Registration, Codes and many more.
Madhya Pradesh RTO Vehicle Registration: Types
The Registration of the Vehicle is compulsory in each and every state of India. Not only is it needed as proof of the vehicle ownership but also needed when you are selling off your vehicle and want to transfer it to the buyer’s name. There are broadly two categories in which the MP RTO Vehicle Registration is divided into:
- Vehicle Permanent Registration: Under the M.V Act, you are permitted to drive on the public roads only if you hold a Permanent Registration Certificate of the vehicle. Inorder to get the Vehicle Registration of yours, you can visit the nearby RTO office of your city respectively.
- Temporary Registration: As per the Guidelines of the Central Motor Vehicle At, You can easily get our MP Temporary Rc our desired vehicle if you have to take it somewhere out of the Madhya Pradesh State. But the Driver needs to keep this in mind that the Temporary RC is only valid for 30 days and you cannot renew it later on. Before it expires, you have to get your MP Permanent RC of Vehicle.
Documents Required To Get Your Madhya Pradesh RTO Vehicle Information
In order to apply for the MP RTO Registration, one needs to carry the documents that have been mentioned underneath.
- Application for Registration of the Vehicle/ Form 20
- PUC Certificate
- Documents of Address and Age Proof
- Registration Fees for Vehicle (If any)
- Applicable Taxes
- Certificate of Sales
- Insurance Paper of the Vehicle
- Passport Size Photograph
- An invoice, if you want to register an imported vehicle
- Certificate of Manufacture in case of heavy carriage vehicles
- Form 34 with all the details of the loan hypothecation
- Temporary Vehicle Registration Number( if have any)
- In case of registering a trailer then you have get your designed approved by the Commissioner of Transport
Vehicle Insurance in MP RTO
It is compulsory to get your vehicle insured if you want to drive in the Madhya Pradesh State or anywhere in the entire country. There are mainly two types of Insurance, one is the third party insurance and the other is comprehensive insurance. Third party insurance is mandatory for the claim of any third party related damages, injuries and in worst cases even death. On the other hand, Comprehensive Vehicle Insurance Policy Covers both the damages of the vehicle you own along with the other vehicle also. There are many additional benefits that are added such as roadside assistance, zero depreciation cover and many more that are covered under the Comprehensive MP RTO Vehicle Insurance Policy. Your Vehicle must have Insurance in MP because without it RTO can challan your Vehicle.
List of RTO Offices Along With the RTO Code in the MP State
|RTO Area||RTO Codes|
Process to Register any Motor Vehicle in Madhya Pradesh State
All you have to do is just follow the steps given below in the exact same order in order to get the desired results.
- First of all, go to the nearest RTO Office. The location and codes of the Road Transport Office MP are given above in the article. Then Collect the required forms from the Office. The Motor Registration Form is available online on the official website which is transport.mp.gov.in.
- Next step is to fill in the form correctly. Make sure to enter the engine and chassis number of the vehicle that you want to register in the Madhya Pradesh State.
- After that, submit the correctly filled with the needed documents at the RTO Office. The form must be signed before the submission of the form. Along with all this, pay the registration fee charged by the RTO Office.
- Finally, the Concerned body will have a complete inspection of the vehicle. After the successful inspection of the vehicle, your registration process will be completed.
Official Links For transport.mp.gov.in Madhya Pradesh RTO Vehicle Registration
FAQ’s On MP State RTO Vehicle Registration
The Madhya Pradesh RTO Vehicle Transfer fees range between Rs 100 to Rs 400 and that can vary depending on the type of vehicle. For example, the MP RTO vehicle transfer charges for a Light Motor Vehicle is Rs 200 and for a Heavy Motor Vehicle is Rs 300.
The validity for the Temporary Registered Certificate is 30 days and it cannot be renewed afterwards. One has to apply for the Permanent Registered Certificate in between this time period.
Madhya Pradesh RTO allots the fancy registration number to the owners by the means of an online auction and the applicants have to register themselves and then bid accordingly for their respective numbers.
The applicants must be 16 years of age to apply for the learner’s driving licence. A written application has to be submitted by the guardian in the RTO office and they are allowed to drive the gearless 2 wheelers only. After attaining 18 years of age then they can apply for the MP Permanent Driver’s Licence and can drive a four-wheeler too.